LOCH FYNE RESTAURANTS - Recipes/Mains
Mussels with Lime and Coconut
A delicious Thai inspired recipe, perfect served with light and fluffy jasmine rice (or garlic bread for a Gallic twist!)
- 2 tbsp sunflower oil 6 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tbsp finely minced ginger
- 1 tbsp finely chopped chillies
- 6 kaffir lime leaves, finely shredded Juice of 1 lime
- 400ml coconut milk
- 3 kg cleaned Loch Fyne mussels
- 175ml dry white wine
- Small handful chopped coriander
- Make the sauce by heating the sunflower oil, add the shallots, ginger and chillies and cook gently until the shallots have softened but not coloured. Remove from heat, stir in the kaffir lime leaves, lime juice and coconut milk. Set aside whilst you cook the mussels.
- Check all mussels are closed – discard any that are not. Take a large saucepan with lid and add the mussels and white wine. Cover and steam over a high heat until the mussels have all opened (discard any that remain closed). Add the sauce, and continue cooking until sauce is simmering. Remove from heat and stir in the chopped coriander. Serve in deep bowls.