LOCH FYNE RESTAURANTS - Recipes/Mains
Smoked Haddock with Mustard Sauce, Peas and Spinach
The ultimate comfort dish, delicious with buttery mashed potatoes. Buy Loch Fyne smoked haddock fillets from the fish counter of your local restaurant.
- 2 cloves garlic, finely minced
- 280ml double cream
- 280ml fish stock
- 1 heaped tsp cornflour mixed with 2 tbsp cold water
- 3 tbsp coarse grain mustard
- Two large handfuls baby spinach, washed
- 180g frozen garden peas, defrosted
- 3 tbsp parsley, finely chopped
- 1 tbsp chervil, finely chopped
- Salt and pepper
- Bring the milk and water to a simmer in a large saucepan. Add the haddock fillets, cover and set aside off the heat for approximately 15 minutes (the haddock will cook in the residual heat of the cooking liquid).
- To make the sauce, gently heat the garlic, cream and stock until reduced by approximately one third and mixture is beginning to thicken slightly. Add cornflour and cook for a further 5 minutes, then stir in mustard.
- Finely shred the baby spinach. Add spinach and peas to the mustard sauce.
- Once spinach has wilted, remove from heat and add parsley and chervil. Check seasoning.
- Drain haddock fillets, place in a warmed serving dish and spoon over the warm sauce. Serve with mashed potatoes.